Pages

August 16, 2010

CK7:: 2010:: A Summer of Things Only God Can Do, Part I

"But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name. John 1:12

I did not learn how to stay clean at OMC.
I did not learn how to catch ducks for camp pets... even baby Paca as bait didn't work.
I did not learn how to drive the truck without it breaking down. I also did not learn how to reload a truck in a parking lot without having a lot of fun in the process.
I did not learn how to fly. I did try at our Superhero Party, though.
I DID LEARN how to ride a Zorb coaster.

 I DID LEARN how to run a sound board by the grace of the Lord.

  I DID LEARN how to trust my team...even if it meant trust falling at the airport while waiting on teammates to arrive from their weekend away.

 I DID LEARN how to live intentionally. I thought I knew how, but after watching CK7 love people both inside and outside of camp, I learned even more about what it means to walk daily in search of intentional conversations.

I lived the dream this summer. I got to direct a phenomenal team of people who have forever impacted my life. Thanks CK7... We are family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome. Glad you got the experience Mary.

Jonathan Herndon said...

Mary Carlisle! You are so fabulous, I am so glad I had the opportunity to work with you again this summer. I am praying for you friend, lets catch up soon!

Post a Comment